Layout design by premade_ljs, background pattern by 77words, header and layout modified and customized by me.
TAKE A BANNER TO HELP US PROMOTE!
What is a LIMS?
[X] LIMS stands for Last Icon Maker Standing, each week you will be givin a challenge, the members will vote for their least favorite icon untill there are 3 left. At this point the members will vote for their favorite icon and we will then have our round winner.
[X] Challenge 1 will be open to everyone, at this point you will sign up before you enter and this will ensure your spot in the round untill you are either eliminated or the last icon maker standing.
[X] If you do not sign up for the current round you will have to wait for the next round to enter.
How each Round and Challenge works.
01. At the beginning of each Round you will have a choice to enter in either one or two parts of the challenge. This will determine how many icons you will submit untill the end of the round or one is eliminated in which case you will enter one icon in the part of your choice. ~ If you enter one icon you may only enter one. ~ If you enter two icons you may enter two until one gets eliminated, from then on you may only enter one.
02. When the challenge is posted there will be a list of the remaining contestants, if your name is not on that list you will have to wait until the next round to enter.
03. If you are unable to enter in the challenge you may use a skip. ~ You are allowed one skip per round. ~ To use a skip you must comment on the challenge post you wish to skip. ~ As we get down to the end of the round, skips will no longer be accepted. ~ If you are fail to enter in a challenge we will automatically use your skip, if you have used your skip you will be eliminated from the competition.
04. Each challenge will be posted on wednesday night and you will have untill the following sunday to get your icons in. Monday and Tuesday are your voting days. ~ Each week we will be voting for your least favorite icons, as more are eliminated the number of icons we are eliminating will decrease until we are down to approximately 5 or 6 icons in which case we will eliminate just 1 icon. ~ When we are down to 3 entries you will vote for your favorite icon which will be our rounds winner.
05. General icon making rules: ~ Brushes, Textures and Text are allowed but not required. ~ You must only use the picture provided. ~ Animation is permitted, but remember, you may only use the provided pictures. ~ All icons must fit livejournal requirements (100x100 or less, less than 40k)
06. Icon rules: ~ No previously made icons may be submitted. ~ Icons may not be posted anywhere until after voting. ~ Do not let anybody know which icon is yours. ~ Be fair and do not vote for yourself, the mods will be monitoring this and if you are found voting for yourself you will be first asked to change your vote. Failure to do so will result in elimination.
07. At some point in the LIMS competition, we will offer a redemption challenge. This will allow the eliminated iconmakers one chance to come back into the competition. This challenge will not be open to iconmakers currently in the competition, only iconmakers who have been eliminated.
08. Random Challenges can occur at anytime and anyone can join in, not only the people who are involved in the lims competition. A random challenge is a challenge that is not included in the lims competition. If you want suggest a random challenge, let me know here and we will see what we can do.